jeLLOw pAgeS,工具。

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

SHE U,Carolynn。許 佳琳。:rice pendant。


I asked Carolynn whether she would like a necklace or a pendant + chain, and she answered: ' I prefer it to be a pendant + chain.... the pendant itself is what I am more interested in. '

以前並沒有特別思考過「項鍊」這件事情,直到這次,我才想到:佳琳想要的是「一串項鍊」,或是「一個墜子+鍊條」?

in-de-pendant。粒。

I continued using the rice form for this piece, and added some points of my view about Carolynn. I have always had an impression of her of being independent for some reason, although we don't see or talk to each other very often (the time before last time we met was when we were age 7! ) .

設計的主軸是「獨立」,我對於佳琳的最深刻的印象。用銀線畫我眼中的佳琳。

繼續採用了米的外型做這個墜子。這是一個二合一的墜子,有內與外兩件:內層的墜子是一顆米粒,飽滿、沈甸甸、健康的米粒;外層也是用三角形的銀線製作的,不過它並不是米糠~它也是米粒,像是用線條畫的米粒。

This is a 2-in-1 pendant and has an inner and an outer piece. The inner piece has the original form of a grain of rice, solid and tactile as a rich one; then I built up the outer piece with triangular wire again, and made it as the container for the inner piece. Instead of using straight lines as on the earrings, I sort of 'drew' a contour of a grain of rice with wires and gave it a sketchy feel, as Carolynn is an artist and art teacher and has made many extraordinary works of art.

內層與外層的墜子可以分開,成為兩枚獨立的墜子,一枚橫向一枚直向;也可以將內層裝入外層,變成單一枚直立的墜子配戴。

The inner and outer piece can be worn individually, or joined together as the title: 'in the pendant' .


No comments:

Post a Comment